Risk.Report was founded by Leanne Bicknell in response to a void in the niche area of comprehensive Risk Management for start-ups and small businesses.
Ever-increasing Risk Management requirements are putting immense pressure on small businesses; there are constant demands to meet the expectations of Clients, Suppliers, Financiers, Auditors, Company Boards, Shareholders, and more.
To meet Risk Management obligations, business owners can:
- spend large amounts of money on consultants who employ a conventional approach OR
- have inhouse specialists using traditional methods OR
- copy and paste from various sources that may or may not be trustworthy OR
- use Risk.Report’s revolutionary 360insights.online.
With financial constraints as they are for most small businesses; the copy and paste solution is remarkably common. Unfortunately, it often results in yet another dust collector.
Risk management exercises should be analytical, customised, and useful. The associated documentation and recommendations should value add and be one of a number of tools managers access regularly in the effective running of a business. Cutting and pasting doesn’t offer the above.
Enter Risk.Report’s revolutionary 360insights.online ; developed by Risk.Report after 4 years of focused analysis and program development and 25+ years specializing in Risk Management. The 360insights.online Profiler delivers so much more to small businesses.
With over 360 points, this revolutionary, industry specific and easy-to-use risk profiling program does a deep-dive analysis of a business’ current state-of-play. 360insights.online offers an insight into a business’ needs at a fraction of the time and cost currently offered by traditional methods.
Leanne Bicknell - Director Risk and Innovation
Leanne’s real-world experience has included a 25+ year career in risk management in corporate, government, not for profit and a G8 university; where she is known for her creative solutions to complex risk challenges.
Having career breaks that included dabbling in her own small businesses, Leanne has a wealth of invaluable, hands-on knowhow in a diverse range of industries.
The variety of start-ups she has jumped into include: food manufacturing, retail, and café; antique and vintage bridal import and export out of Europe; fine needlepoint and patchwork retail; and industrial architectural heritage.
With a Master Business Administration (Distinction), Bachelor Arts Cultural Heritage Majoring in Architecture (Distinction), Diploma Staff Nursing (Dental), Diploma Enrolled Nursing, studies in Fashion Design, and most recently a deep dive into Autism research, Leanne has never lost her appetite for learning and absorbing new knowledge on a wide variety of subjects.
Leanne also gives her time freely as a small business mentor and on risk management for not-for-profits; can’t spell to save herself; is a qualified soccer coach; was an extra for the ACDC movie Thunderstruck; tried and failed to learn 4 languages other than English; and has been a senior judge at the Perth Royal Show for 10+ years.
With a passion and drive to see micro and small businesses succeed in their chosen path, Leanne often challenges the status quo and publishes on a gamut of subjects.
Leanne’s high-level Risk Management expertise and eclectic background means that she can intuit and understand the unique needs of small, micro, or start-up business she works with.
Leanne's Key Achievements
- Speaker at the Business Continuity Institute World Conference in 2016 – Preparing for failure of major infrastructure: Whole and part site shutdown checklist.
- Instrumental in the modelling of a unique and radical system for the part or full shutdown of complex sites in the case of a pandemic, warfare, and other incidents of mass impact. Thought to be the first of its kind in the world.
- Designed Enterprise Risk Management Software with built-in analytics delivering corporate-level Risk Management for Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) at the fraction of the cost, time, and knowledge required.
- Led critical incident and disaster salvage of records of national and international significance. The processes that were developed at the time have since been adopted by Government Agencies.
- Set up and inaugural Chair of many Risk Management, Business Continuity and Pandemic Watch Committees for companies, not-for-profits, G8 university, and government departments.
- Leanne’s manufacture, retail, and cooking school, In a Pickle, was an early entry into the gourmet food industry and selected by the Department of Agriculture to represent WA at the Asia Pacific Food Fair, Dubai 2005.
- Co-developed a risk mitigation tool that was proven in a highly successful, live site isolation that comprised of 124 individual groups with high risk, high value assets. The exposure of $96M incurred a minimal loss of $16K.
- Developed and implemented an Injury Management Policy and Procedure Project for 12,000 employees – manual, video, training and education package, and resources.
- Winner SPUR scholarship 2018 – Curtin University’s Ignition Program to develop an innovative, cloud based, dangerous and complex site shutdown protocol with imbedded Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Contributed to the Federal Government initiative – National Vocation, Education and Training review for the inclusion of Business Continuity Planning in a range of courses for all states.
- Developed and implemented the policy, procedures, and protocols for travellers to extreme high-risk destinations and/or conducting high risk activities.
- Development of Asset Management Framework and all associated procedures for approximately 200 holdings of ageing infrastructure, including the development of a liquidation schedule for obsolete properties.
- Invited to present to State Government Risk Management Conference on successful critical incident management of water damaged internationally significant collection.
Director of Innovation
Leanne has worked with a vast number of small businesses over the course of her impressive career. Hear what a few of them have to say about the positive impact her involvement has made to their business.
Having a World Heritage listing under her belt, Leanne continues to show how versatile and adaptable she is to any challenge put to her. On the back of her 7 volume work she was invited to present at an international conference and also to contribute a chapter of a book.
The project scope included “… documentation and analysis of the historic infrastructure of the Goldfields Pipeline, a 550 Km pipeline from Perth to Kalgoorlie… Leanne conducted this very large undertaking in an exemplary and professional manner producing the required research reports… Her research was used in the successful application of the Goldfields Pipeline for inclusion on the World Heritage list.”
Prof John Stephens Emeritus Professor, School of Design and Built Environment, Curtin University
Carly decided small business wasn’t for her and with the help of analysis conducted by Leanne she went on to do an MBA with Distinction and Master of Literature, where she found her home. She received a letter from the Head of School for her outstanding achievements and is now focusing on a career as an author.
“Thanks to Leanne for helping me see a world of opportunities that I never imagined . . . her guidance and support has allowed me to tackle many challenges, even failing, but the other side of failure is opportunity, and I have grown in courage and learned from my mistakes and triumphed.”
Carly Medley Business Owner
And as owner of The Hopeless Romantics, Leanne dealt with London, Paris and Amsterdam antique traders and the European export and Australian import industries. In the filming of ‘If mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy’ a short film by Mea Dols de Jong about the iconic Laura Dols of Amsterdam, Laura attributed her international success in antique bridal to Leanne.
“I mention you often when people ask me how I got the idea of setting up The Wedding Atelier. You inspired me to set up a new store . . . and we are fully booked.”
Laura Dols Business Owner